How To Ask Judge To Reduce Fine?

In mitigation, you plead guilty, but get to explain the circumstances that led to the ticket and ask the judge for leniency.

With this option, there are no guarantees.

The judge may buy your excuse and lower the fine or leave it the same.

The judge may also offer ways to keep the ticket off of your record.

Can I get my ticket reduced by going to court?

Fight the ticket – Don’t buckle down and pay the ticket just because you feel guilty. Going to court has the potential to get your points and fines reduced, especially if you have a clean record. The deal might involve lowered points, a reduced fine, or other conditions.

How can I reduce my traffic fines?

Know The Procedures

  • Bring a copy of your driving record to court. If the prosecutor doesn’t accept a deal, you can still appeal to the judge.
  • Keep your defense short.
  • Don’t give up if your ticket costs you your driver’s license.
  • Never concede paying the full fine.

How do you ask a judge for leniency in traffic court?

Go to Court
Attend your court date if the officer doesn’t show leniency after pulling you over. Judges and police officers often are impressed that you care enough about the matter to go to the court appointment because most people skip court and simply pay the ticket.

Can I ask the judge for traffic school?

If you decide to go to traffic school without going to court, you have to request permission from the court by the due date on your traffic ticket. If the clerk or judge says you can go to traffic school, he or she will also give you a deadline for you to finish traffic school.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *