In the case where your employer turns down your request for a raise, ask what you might do to qualify for a bump in salary.
Work with your supervisor to establish specific objectives to enhance your performance and a timetable for reaching those goals.
How do you politely ask for more money?
Salary Negotiation Tips 21-31Making the Ask
- Put Your Number Out First.
- Ask for More Than What You Want.
- Don’t Use a Range.
- Be Kind But Firm.
- Focus on Market Value.
- Prioritize Your Requests.
- But Don’t Mention Personal Needs.
- Ask for Advice.
How do I tell my boss I want more money?
5 Ways to Talk With Your Boss About Making More Money
- Check your bonus. Once you get into management, most companies provide some level of variable component to your pay.
- Ask early. Some people put their hand up for a bigger job before they are ready.
- Understand the bias in the system.
- Negotiate positively.
- Pick your timing.
How do I ask my future employer for more money?
Here’s how to ask a potential employer for the money you want.
- Stop worrying. Talking about money with a future boss can be nerve-wracking.
- Schedule a meeting. Experts generally recommend discussing salary after you’ve been handed a written offer.
- Do your research.
- Be a team player.
- Be prepared to back down.