What is a good pay raise?
Average Pay Increases
However, businesses expect to pay their best employees more, with an average raise of 4.6%, according to a separate survey by the advisory firm Willis Towers Watson. 2 By contrast, workers with an average performance rating can expect only a 2.7% bump in pay.
Can you negotiate your yearly raise?
Negotiating a raise in addition to your annual merit increase can be tricky. But there are things you can do to start the conversation with your manager and maybe even get a raise right away. Follow these five steps to negotiate a raise in addition to your annual merit increase: Set your expectations.
How do I ask for a better raise?
How to Ask for a Raise
- First, know that it’s normal to ask.
- Be emotionally intelligent about your timing.
- If you’ve been doing excellent work for a year since your salary was last set, it might be time to ask.
- Factor in your company’s raise and budget cycles, if necessary.
- Know what your work is worth and start by researching online.