How do you inquire about a job after an interview?
How to Ask Interview Status: More Tips and Advice
- Keep it short, specific, and to the point.
- Be professional. Avoid unnecessary details.
- Don’t come across as desperate.
- Don’t accuse or attack the contact for making you wait.
- Give HR at least 3 days to reply.
- Waiting to hear an interview result is tough.
When should I ask about job application after interview?
To ask about your application status following an interview, make sure you wait a few days after you expect to hear back. If they didn’t give you a specific deadline for a decision, wait at least 1-2 weeks before enquiring, since you don’t want to seem impatient.
How do you call and ask about your status in an interview?
When calling, tell the interviewer who you are and which position you interviewed for, and then ask if he has a few minutes to talk to you. Ask if he has made a hiring decision for the position. If he hasn’t, explain that you are still interested in the position and ask if you are still under consideration.