How do you tell your boss you are sick?
Tips for Calling in Sick to Work
- Choose the right method for contacting your boss.
- Call as soon as possible.
- Keep it brief.
- Let your team know.
- Explain your availability.
- Mention any important information.
- Follow up.
- Think about your timing.
How do I ask for sick leave?
Below is a list of what you need to include when you call or email in sick:
- Reason for your absence.
- How long you’ll be absent from work.
- Address your availability to communicate.
- Clarify whether you’ll work or not.
- Doctor’s note and other documentation.
- Name your point person.
- Professional Closing.
What’s the best excuse to miss work?
Good excuses to miss work
- Sickness. If you’re not feeling well, it’s best not to go to work.
- Family illness or emergency. A family emergency could refer to a variety circumstances such as a sick child or dependent, car accident or unexpected surgery.
- Home emergency/Car trouble.
- Death of a loved one.
When should you call in sick?
A sore throat is often a sign of contagious illness, including colds, strep throat, and influenza. 2 In these cases, you should stay home from work. However, if you often experience a sore throat due to allergies, acid reflux, or dry air, or if you overused your voice the prior day, there is no need to call in sick.