How do you approach someone for career advice?
Asking someone for guidance suggests that you value their expertise and insights. Colleagues will tend to like you because they feel that you like them.
- Clarify your purpose. Know when you want advice and when you’re really seeking something else like validation or sympathy.
- Set an example.
- Express your thanks.
What questions should I ask a career advisor?
7 Career Advice Questions to Ask Your Career Advisor
- What can I do with my major?
- How should I write my resume and cover letter?
- What should I expect from my next interview?
- How can I improve my online presence?
- Where can I find a job/internship in my field?
- How can I master networking?
- When can I schedule my next appointment?
What are some questions to ask someone about their career?
Here are our top ten questions to ask.
- What do you love about your job?
- What’s the best career decision you’ve ever made?
- What’s the worst career decision you’ve ever made?
- What would you be doing if you were me now?
- How do you organise your time?
- What do you think is your greatest strength?