What to say when asking for donations?
When asking for donations in person, keep these tips in mind:
- Do research beforehand.
- Form a strong relationship before you make your ask.
- Meet them where they are.
- Practice your pitch.
- Communicate in a variety of ways.
- Be genuine, direct, and specific.
- Be prepared for rejections.
- Say thank you more than once.
How do you ask for food donations for an event?
Get the best results by visiting the restaurants and grocery stores in person. Ask the hosts, hostesses or managers who you need to talk to for food donations. Show them your organization credentials and/or event flyer and information sheet if you have them. Ask the person you are directed to for the donations.
How do I ask for a fundraiser?
- Practice, Practice, PRACTICE – And Then Practice Some More.
- Never, Ever Surprise Your Prospect.
- Stop Being Boring (It Isn’t Worth It)
- Ask for Advice – You’ll Usually End Up with Money.
- Your Secret Weapon is Pointed Silence.
- Ask for a Specific Amount (Don’t Make Your Donor Do Any Work)
How do you ask a company for donations?
A little creativity!
- Make connections. Start by thinking of any companies you may have existing contact with.
- Identify the right person.
- Think about non-monetary support.
- Think about what can be offered in return.
- Make the ‘ask’
- Say ‘thank you’
- Consider any ethical dilemmas early.