How do you ask for a letter of recommendation?
Asking for Letters of Recommendation
- Choose the people who know you best. Many students wonder whether to ask a “big name” professor who knows only their face and final grade or a lesser-known professor who knows them better.
- Ask early.
- Provide materials.
- Write out all submission instructions and deadlines.
- Keep in touch with your recommenders.
How do you ask for a letter of recommendation for medical residency?
Here are some tips on getting the best kind of letter of recommendation in time:
- Know what a good letter of recommendation includes.
- Find awesome attendings at your clinical experiences.
- Always waive the right to view your letters.
- Choose your letter writer based on specialty.
- Don’t ask your friends or family for letters.
How many letters of rec do you need for med school?