Is it appropriate to ask why you didn’t get the job?
It’s unlikely that the hiring manager will call you to tell you didn’t get the job, but if they do, you can ask if they have any feedback to share. Again, you’ll want to ask within a day or two after finding out you didn’t get the offer, while the hiring manager can still remember the details of your interview.
How do you ask why you didn’t get the interview?
Use the following steps to ask why you didn’t get hired and turn this bummer of a situation into a fantastic learning experience!
- Do some reflecting on how the interview went.
- Send a follow up email.
- Ask the interviewer for feedback.
- Request to keep in touch for future opportunities.
What to say when you didn’t get the job?
How to respond to a job rejection letter
- Thank the hiring manager for letting you know their decision.
- Express your gratitude for their time and consideration. You can directly mention contact you’ve had with them, like a phone or in-person interview.
- Tell them you appreciate the opportunity to learn about the company.
How do you ask for feedback on a job application?
How To Receive Feedback On Your Job Application
- Try to Maintain a Positive Attitude. It’s easier said than done, but try to keep your chin up!
- Be quick off the mark. Hard as it might be, it’s best to ask for feedback as soon as possible after you receive your rejection.
- Remain polite.
- Don’t seem oversensitive.
- Listen to your inner critic.