How do I ask my boss for a raise example?
Here’s an example script for asking for a raise: Thank you for taking the time to meet with me today. In my current role, I’m excited to keep working towards key company goals and grow my personal responsibilities. As a result, I’d like to discuss my salary.
How do you write a letter asking for a raise?
What to Write in a Salary Increase Email Message
- A request for a meeting to discuss your compensation (in the subject line of the message)
- Why you deserve a salary increase.
- What additional responsibilities you have taken on in your role.
- Any skills or certifications you have acquired since being hired.
How do you politely ask for salary?
Be polite but direct in asking about the starting salary.
Show enthusiasm for the position. If the company has asked whether you’re interested in the job, you should thank them for their message, state that the position does sound interesting, and then write “May I ask what the salary range is?”
How do I ask for salary increment?
- Start on a positive note. The firs 2-3 lines of your salary increment request letter should express how much you have enjoyed working on the project/department/with the team.
- State the reason.
- Present some facts.
- Talk about the amount.
- End on a positive note.