However, there are ways to politely let guests know that gift cards are preferred by the expectant Mom.
- Talk to relatives and close friends.
- List gift cards as an option on the baby shower invitation.
- Include gift cards on the store registry.
- Inform guests of your preferences on your website or blog.
How do you ask for gift cards on an invitation?
Write “Gifts would be appreciated” on the invitation
A straight to the point way would be to write it in a small print at the bottom of the invitation. The way you word it is very important. Use words like, “gifts would be appreciated”. Or state the type of gift for example “Gift cards would be appreciated”.
Is it tacky to ask for gift cards for a baby shower?
Some people think that asking guests to bring gift cards can be tacky – but “gift card baby showers” are becoming more and more accepted due to the fact that it makes sense for expecting moms who have come in from out of town and can’t easily transport all of their gifts back home. But it is the mom-to-be’s call!
How do you politely ask for money as a gift?
How to Ask for Money Instead of Gifts for a Wedding
- Use a Cash Registry Website.
- Never Ask for Cash on Your Wedding Invitation.
- Be Specific About How You’ll Use the Cash.
- Ask Your Parents and Wedding Party to Spread the Word.
- Set up a Traditional Registry.
- Set Out a Box for Cards at the Reception.
- Ideally, Checks Should Be Made Out to Both Of You.
How do you say no gifts on a baby shower invitation?
No Gifts Please Invitation Wording
- Gift us only with the honor of your presence.
- Your presence is the best gift we can hope to receive.
- Please, no gifts.
- No presents please, just your presence.
- Please bring only your company and your appetite.
- Your presence at the celebration is enough of a present.
- Your presence is the only present desired.