How do you ask for a letter of recommendation from a professor you don’t know?
- Ask the statistics professor to write the recommendation letter. Struggling in the beginning, but overcoming the difficulties can be a good point in his recommendation letter if he perceived that situation the same way.
- Ask the lab instructor.
- Find somebody outside of academic circles.
How do you ask for a reference example?
Here’s an example email for how to update your references:
- Subject line: Reference request – update. Dear [Reference’s name], Thank you again for being a reference for me.
- Subject line: Reference request – thank you! Dear [Reference’s name],
- Subject line: Reference request. Dear [Potential reference’s name],
How do you ask a professor for a letter of recommendation via email?
To ask your professor for a letter of recommendation via email, start by including your name and the purpose of your email in the subject line, like “Recommendation for Sarah Smith.” Then, start your email with something like “I am writing to ask if you would be willing to write a letter of recommendation for me,”
How do you remind a professor for a letter of recommendation?
A Thank-you Email: Soon after you make the initial request, you should follow with a thank-you email. This will remind the professor about the letter and is a polite thing to do. “Thanks again, Professor Smith, for being willing to write the letter or recommendation for me for (whatever it was).